Welcome to The Navigation Center
The Navigation Center is Charleston’s home for a coalition of service providers working together to provide a hub of accessible, connected and quality resources for Charleston’s most vulnerable population – individuals experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. The Navigation Center leverages partnerships with over 30 non-profit providers in the Lowcountry through a care coordination model that connects people in crisis with employment, housing, transportation, education, health and wellness care, spiritual support, and mentoring.
Primary Resource Avenues
- Care coordination: Connecting clients with a wide network of services and making sure they navigate each step of the way.
- Medical On-Site: MUSC and its Tele-Health Services reside at the center.
- Mental Health: Dorchester Charleston Department of Mental Health available 2 days a week.
- Hygiene Care: Washers/Dryers and Showers available.
- Housing support: Assisting clients with locating and applying for housing, and cultivating a growing base of forgiving landlords.
- Employment services: Supporting clients with resume building, linking clients with job training programs, and making sure clients can access clean and job-appropriate clothes for a job interview or their first day of work.
- Transitional support: Providing clients with furniture and supplies to help them get settled in their new homes.
- “Gap” Services Support: Provide financial and other assistance to fill the gaps and increase chances of success and long-term stability.
We are located at 529 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403
Please feel free to drop us a note.